Here is a homemade ‘pain relief mask’ recipe.
I adapted this from a face mask I use and combined some well-known muscle soothing ingredients. Give it a go and see if it helps!
- 2 tablespoons clay
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp spirulina or kelp
- 1/2 tsp Epsom salts
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 5 drops wintergreen oil
- Enough magnesium oil to make it into a ‘wet’ paste
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined
- Apply to affected area (don’t apply to broken or sensitive skin and stay well away from eyes if you are applying it for headache purposes)
- Let it dry and leave on for about 20 minutes, this will allow the minerals to completely absorb
- Rinse it off
- Moisturise after if your skin feels dry
It’s that simple, would love some feedback if people found this helped them or not. Also if you would like some assistance with where to place for your specific pain please email me. Happy masking!
- Do this before a shower so easy to wash off.
- If you want it less messy just dab some peppermint, wintergreen and magnesium on the affected area. This one you don’t even have to wash off!
- If you want to use it for face mask purposes remove the peppermint oil, wintergreen oil and magnesium oil.
- We stock magnesium oil and can help you source good quality essential oils if you need them as well.
- You can use any kind of clay suitable for the skin. Bentonite clay is really nice to use. It is edible and has loads of health benefits too, find out more and purchase this clay here.
Need a Myotherapy session? Book online!
Choose the right Clinical Myotherapist for you, read our staff profiles