Made this choc-mint smoothie for lunch today and it tastes so good I had to share! Very refreshing on this hot day we are having here in Melbourne. Added bonus, it’s packed full of nutrition including anti-oxidants and is great for you brain, your digestion and your energy levels!
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 250ml milk of your choice (I used Nutty Bruce coconut and almond milk)
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 6 ice cubes
- 1-2 drops DoTerra peppermint oil
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (I used a whey protein isolate from grass fed cows. Isolate is easier to digest for lactose intolerant people. I don’t suffer at all!)
- 2 tablespoons hydrolyzed collagen proteint (optional)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (I used bulletproof brand available here)
- 1 teaspoon pure cacao powder
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If it’s not sweet enough you could add some liquid stevia or a different type of sweetner but I think it’s sweet enough as it is.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I am (I am literally drinking it as I write!) let me know what you think or if you come up with any variations for me to try.