I have been asked to make a Christmas dessert this year, yay, exciting! Mostly because none of my family know what I can or can’t eat on any given occasion and it’s finally paid off! No more boring Christmas Pudding for me! I’ve decided to make a variety of Bliss Balls and because Christmas is indeed the season for sharing; today’s post I want to share my Christmas Cheer Bliss Ball recipes with you. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Zesty Lemon Bliss Balls
Big thank you to one of my clients (Anna) for sharing this recipe with me, all the credit goes to her for playing around with this recipe to make it perfect!
- 3/4 cups activated almonds (could also use cashews, walnuts or macadamias)
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates cut into thirds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Rind of half a lemon
- 1 tbl spoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients in thermomix or other blender on high speed for 10 seconds
- Roll into balls and refrigerate for approx 1 hour before consuming
Cinnamon Spiced Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
Nothing says Christmas like the spices cinnamon and nutmeg, yummo! The credit for this recipe goes to an app called “going coconuts with Brynley King” check out their website here, worth a look, some other fantastic recipes! I have altered the recipe slightly as I don’t like the sweetness of too many dates. I have highlighter the revisions if you’d like to stick to the original recipe.
- 1 cup almonds or cashews (could also use macadamias)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dates (1 cup dates original recipe)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tblsp. coconut oil (no coconut oil original recipe)
- Place all ingredients in thermomix or other food processor on high and blend until smooth.
- Line a container with baking paper for storage.
- Roll mixture into bite sized balls and then roll in extra desiccated coconut and place into your container.
- Let set in the fridge for approximately 1 hour before consuming.
Cacao, Hazelnut & Rum Bliss Balls
- 2 cup roasted skinless hazelnuts
- 200g Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum essence
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- In thermomix, blender or food processor, process 1 cup of hazelnuts until lightly chopped and set aside (medium for approx 5 seconds)
- In thermomix, blender or food processor, process the second cup of hazelnuts, the dates, cacao powder and nutmeg until well combined and smooth (high for approx 10 seconds)
- Add the rum and hot water and blend again to make the mixture moist and pull together.
- With damp hands roll the mixture into bite sized balls and coat with the reserve of hazelnuts.
- Place of a baking tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 1 hour before storing or consuming.
I’m so excited to make all these in one go. Normally I have to pick and choose what flavour I’m going to make and now I get to make 3 flavours in one go! I think maybe I’ll have a go at stacking them into the shape of a Christmas tree just like the picture! Remember that nuts although healthy are high in fats so eat in moderation. 4 balls is approximately a 1/4 cup of nuts. Hope you enjoy your Christmas and who knows maybe I’ve inspired some of you to try out one of these Bliss Ball recipes for Christmas!