Do you have hip or groin pain?
You’ve come to the right place! We are experts in the treatment of hip and groin pain.
Here’s how we are going to help get rid of your pain.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your hip or groin pain.
Step 2. We treat to get rid of any current symptoms.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop the pain coming back time and time again.
Step 4. We teach you exercises specific to combating the underlying cause of your hip or groin pain.
Here’s the main treatment techniques we are going to use to get rid of your hip or groin pain.
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Deep Massage techniques to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about coming up with a plan that’s going to work best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
Here are some common types of hip and groin pain we can help with.
- Iliopsoas tightness or weakness
- Glute tightness or weakness
- Hip Flexor tightness or weakness
- Impingement Syndrome
- Groin pain
- Hip arthritis (treat symptoms not cause)
- Tendinopathy (used to be called Tendonitis)
- Referral from the low back
- Trapped nerve
- General tightness from work and hobbies
- Osteitis Pubis
What if I don’t have time to do my exercises?
Just like you, we run pretty tight schedules too. Between work, family commitments, social engagements and the mundane stuff like brushing our teeth, there is barely any time left in the day! That’s why we only give you exercises that are easy to fit into your routine and that are actually going to work. How do we know they are going to work? Because we test them while you are with us in the clinic to make sure. The last thing we want to do is get you doing an exercise that isn’t actually going to help. You’d be amazed how many times new patients have brought in their exercise regimes given by other health practitioners with 10 or more exercises which take them up to 30 minutes a day to get through. I don’t know about you, but to us, that’s unrealistic and frankly unnecessary!
I’ve already had my feet assessed and I have orthotics, what more can you do to identify triggers?
The correct foot wear and use of orthotics can be very important but it’s not the only thing that’s likely to effect you hip or groin pain. I had a patient recently who was wearing orthotics but turned out their sport required bare feet so we had to work at strengthening the feet and ankles instead of relying on the support of the orthotics, although the orthotics were an important part of correcting the issue as well.
We talk to you and get to know you and your lifestyle so we tend to pick up on contributing factors that other clinicians miss. Sometimes it’s the pillow, the couch, the laptop on the table at home or driving in the car but it’s worth getting our help to pinpoint which things to change as it would be quite expensive to go get a new pillow, new couch, new desk and a new car only to find out, you’re still getting pain! We won’t just randomly suggest things, we take into consideration the underlying cause, the patterns of your pain, you lifestyle, your posture and so forth to create a hypothesis on what’s most likely to be contributing to your shoulder pain.
This sounds amazing! But I’m guessing this is going to cost a bit and take lots of sessions?
- Expect results from the first session and to move into a maintenance program after between 3 and 6 sessions.
- HICAPs on site means if you have Private Health Insurance Extras cover for Myotherapy or Remedial Massage you will only have to pay the gap.
- Our philosophy is to become your musculoskeletal health coach, not your pain clinician – Unlike other health practitioners we don’t want you reliant on treatment to solve your problem, we want you empowered and helping yourself through our advice on exercises and modifications. This means better outcomes and you referring us to all your friends and family too!
- Although all our therapists hold the highest degree qualifications and continue education each year, it is one of our values to keep our costs as low as possible. Therefore we have a system where you only pay for the time required to treat your condition, we don’t do extra fluff stuff. So, sorry if you’re after a nice relaxing foot soak, but that’s just not what we do!
So in short, no, it’s not going to cost you the earth to get rid of your back pain and it’s not going to take all your time or all your will power!
I’ve tried it all before with little result. What will you do if I don’t get better?
We have great referrals in Mount Waverley and the surrounding suburbs should we require further intervention to diagnose your hip or groin pain.
For example, one of my patients had sudden onset of hip pain that prevented him from playing his much loved golf. We were able to increase his walk time from 10 minutes to 20 minutes pain free but couldn’t seem to get any further improvement. He had already had scans that showed he had tendinopathy but it wasn’t behaving like tendinopathy pain. I sent him to get a more specific scan which showed the hip had quite bad arthritis. He is still working with me to keep the hip strong but is also booked in for surgery so that he can return to his golf!
I must add, this is a very rare circumstance and very unlikely to be the cause of your pain, however, it demonstrates we are able to accept when something isn’t adding up and refer you.
I have a question that wasn’t answered here today, how can I get in touch?
If you have further questions please email [email protected] or call (03) 98883473 and we will get back to you. Alternatively when you make a booking, leave your question in the comments section and we’ll get back to you before you come in.