We can help with your golf related pain and restriction. Many of our golfing clients not only get rid of their pain but they improve their game!
If you want the same results, come see how we can help you. Our Clinical Myotherapists are highly experienced in the assessment, treatment and management of all sorts of golfing injuries, pain and conditions including golfers elbow, hip pain and low back pain.
Here’s the method we follow.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your injury, pain or condition. This assessment may involve neural testing, muscle testing and joint range of movement testing to name a few.
Step 2. We allow enough time to be able to treat and begin alleviating your symptoms in the first session.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop the injury, pain or condition recurring. Identifying triggers is a little bit different than discovering the underlying cause. In the assessment we discover the reason you have pain, but it doesn’t always explain the reason that injury, pain or condition happened in the first place. It might be your technique for example or a weakness in a certain pattern of movement that needs addressing. This is an important part of treatment if you want continue to get gains in your golf game long term.
Step 4. Next we take all the information gathered from the assessment, history taking, treatment, results and trigger identification process to develop a few key exercises or goals to help you recover faster.
Here’s the main treatment techniques we use
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Pain and Injury Massage to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
- Taping for support and patterning re education
- Neural stretches and nerve flossing
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about coming up with a plan that’s going to work best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.