Lakshmi is an APA Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and a clinical and sports biomechanist with around 20 years’ experience in the industry both in Australia and overseas.
Lakshmi treats all areas of the body however her special area of interest is hips. She is currently completing a PhD looking into the strength and functional outcomes following different types of hip arthroplasties. She also has an interest in biomechanics, and strength and conditioning training for injury prevention, particularly running and sports related injuries.
Her experience is heavily influenced through her experience working with the Australian Army for 11 years, after completion of her Master of Physiotherapy (Musculoskeletal) from the University of Melbourne in 2005. Working with the army saw her manage a vast variety of sports and musculoskeletal honed her injury diagnoses and pattern recognition skills, but also developed her interest in strength and conditioning working alongside the army physical trainers to developed goal-based strength and functional programs. In 2017 she completed Master of Clinical and Sports Biomechanics at Liverpool John Moores University (UK). This association provided her with the opportunity to work at an elite level with English Premier League football players and other top athletes over the duration of her time in the UK.
- Joint and soft tissue injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation, including GLAD program for hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA) and HIP replacement / arthroplasty rehabilitation
Strength programs and guidance for:
- Return to sport programs
- GYM/Training program including working with your trainer/PT
Functional assessments including:
- Biomechanical assessments
- Return to work injuries
She uses various strategies to manage her patients including hands-on, manual physiotherapy techniques, exercises, dry needling to improve movement and function. She places vast importance on patient education and on guiding and empowering the patient to improve self-management. She has trained extensively in clinical pilates and strength and conditioning. She loves working with clients, personal trainers / SAC to provide tailored exercise programs for both management of injuries and performance improvement.
Lakshmi is an avid traveller and a sports buff. She loves hiking around the world, dancing, playing cricket when she can, and is an avid Bombers supporter.
- Master of Physiotherapy (Musculoskeletal – University of Melbourne – 2005)
- Master of Clinical and Sports Biomechanics (Liverpool John Moores University, UK) 2017
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Physiotherapy, (Uni of Melbourne – 2004)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, 2002
- Level-3 APA sports physiotherapy
- DMA – Clinical Pilates Levels 1 to 4.
Lakshmi is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) and is also registered to work in the UK.
Available at MyoThrive Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-11am.
Email: [email protected]
Book online to find a time that suits you best! Instant confirmation.
Text / Call: 0468 471 114