Do you have a pain or injury from Parenting? We can help relieve all kinds of pain and injuries involving joint, muscle, tendon and nerve.
Our Clinical Myotherapists are highly experienced in the assessment, treatment and management of all sorts of injuries, aches and pains including back pain, wrist/hand pain, neck pain and shoulder pain which seem to be the most common areas of complaint from new parents and grandparents.
Here’s the method we follow.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your injury, pain or condition. This assessment may involve neural testing, muscle testing and joint range of movement testing to name a few.
Step 2. We allow enough time to be able to treat and begin alleviating your symptoms in the first session.
Step 3. We help to identify triggers to stop the injury, pain or condition recurring. Identifying triggers is a little bit different than discovering the underlying cause.
Step 4. Next we take all the information gathered from the assessment, history taking, treatment results and trigger identification process to develop a few key exercises or goals to help you heal and rehabilitate to get you back to moving pain free.
Here’s the main treatment techniques we use
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating “danger signals” in your nervous system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Pain and Injury Massage to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
- Taping for support and patterning re education
- Neural stretches and nerve flossing
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about coming up with a plan that’s going to work best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with.
Have a Question? Simply fill out the contact form below and one of our friendly Myotherapists will get in touch shortly. Alternatively feel free to call us on (03) 98883473.