Do you suffer from headaches or migraines?
We can help alleviate some forms of headaches and migraines including tension headaches, myofascial pain referral into the head, cervicogenic headache, cervicogenic migraine and more. If you are having severe headaches or migraines please consult a doctor or specialist to rule out any serious cause before booking with us. Myotherapy Practitioners Dwan Rosairo and Sarah Hall are both trained in a special type of therapy to alleviate certain type of headaches and migraines. To book view their availability and make a booking click the button below.
Here’s how we treat headaches and migraines.
Step 1. We assess the underlying cause of your headache or migraine. No matter what triggers are involved current research is pointing towards the upper neck being a major cause of headaches and migraines. We will start with the assessment of your neck and trigger points that can refer to the head (usually found in the shoulders and upper back) to determine how effectively we will be able to help you.
Step 2. We treat using body movements, dry needling and other techniques to get rid of any current symptoms. We use what is most appropriate for you on the day. Sometimes our patients feel quite ill with their headache or migraine so we keep this in mind. Some of our patients come in without symptom and this is fine too as our treatment is focused on the long term management.
Step 3. Many of our patients already know their headache and migraine triggers but for those who need assistance in this area we can help to identify triggers, make postural corrections, recommend postural aids or other advice to stop the trigger from occurring and strengthen or retrain muscle, joint and nerve to make the change long lasting.
- Dry Needling to release active trigger points referring into your pain zone
- Active Cupping to release tight fascia that’s stopping the muscles from moving freely
- Joint Mobilisation to release locked up joints creating unnecessary stress on your system
- Manual trigger point release for those who prefer not to use dry needling
- Deep Massage techniques to calm the nervous system by creating a release of endorphins and other feel good hormones to help relieve pain naturally
- McKenzie Method ® with Dwan Rosairo and Sarah Hall only
We can use one or several of these techniques. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you however we will not use a treatment technique that you aren’t comfortable with. We look forward to helping you get rid of your headache and/or migraine!